ISO 9001 Certification
Rating: 5 out of 5
ISO 9001 Certification
ISO 9001 Certification 9001:2015 is the latest and updated version of the ISO 9001 standard. The digit ‘9001’ stands for ‘quality management system (QMS)’ and ‘2015’ is a year of revision. Hence ISO 9001:2015 is a certification of a quality management system of an organisation. QMS (ISO 9001) certification encompasses every aspect of your business right from planning, purchase till after sales services. So achieving ISO 9001 certificate literally means that you have well defined & well implemented SOP’s for all your business processes. ISO 9001 certification is a symbol of trust for your customers.
Quick guide for achieving ISO 9001 certification
Your organisation should have a clear idea of your objectives and what benefits it will gain by achieving ISO 9001 Certification. You have to be prepared to incorporate the Quality Management Systems into every area of the business.
All staff must be aware of what is expected of them and where their areas of responsibility lie, in order to achieve ISO 9001 Certification.
ISO 9001 Certification Process
The process to get ISO certification is as follows:
– Provide us with your business information: our executive will visit your premises (Free of cost meeting).
– Our executive will assess your business activity & will provide you quote
– You need to sign a certification agreement (application) & pay a certification fee
– GMS Quest ‘ISO 9001 Certification Auditor’ will conduct the audit of your organisation.
– After a successful audit, GMS Quest will take certification decision
– An ISO 9001:2015 certificate will be awarded to your organisation.
Clauses of ISO 9001 Certification:
- Normative reference
- Terms and definitions
- The context of the organization
- Performance evaluation
Key Benefits of ISO Certification to your organisation:
- Provides senior management with an efficient management process
- Sets out areas of responsibility across the organisation
- Mandatory if you want to tender for some public sector work
- Communicates a positive message to staff and customers
- Identifies and encourages more efficient and time-saving processes
- Highlights deficiencies
- Reduces your costs
- Provides continuous assessment and improvement
- Marketing opportunities
Some of the benefits to your customers:
- Improved quality and service
- Delivery on time
- Right-first-time attitude
- Fewer returned products and complaints
- Independent audit demonstrates a commitment to quality
ISO 9001: What skills do I need?
It is safe to say that a successful consultant will require a special set of skills, so let us examine them in more detail:
Knowledge of the standard: Obvious, but critical. An ISO 9001 consultant must have detailed knowledge of the standard and what is expected, and be on top of any changes that come around.
A keen eye for detail: A consultant is expected to pick up on things other employees may miss, which is why he/she is being hired. As a consultant, you need the eye for detail to ensure that you bring extra value to any project you are hired to contribute to or manage.
A good leader: It is probably as an ISO 9001 consultant that you may have to bridge the gap between top management and the workforce, and “sell” the merits of a project to both. Good leadership skills can be critical to achieving this.
A good communicator: The best plans can go wrong with ineffective planning, to ensure that your communication is timely, accurate, and concise. A lack of communication can lead directly to a lack of awareness and competence in the workforce, so it is critical to ensure that this gap is closed.
Good organizational skills: An ISO 9001 project can be complex and may not be linear: you may be working on several different strands at once. For more information, see Four things you need to start your ISO 9001 project.
A good problem solver: Above all, you will be perceived as the person who has the solution to the problems in an ISO 9001 project, so the ability to solve problems and give good advice is key. If you don’t have the answers, you will be expected to find them. Be measured, level, and organized, and research and prepare as well as possible.
Our advice, go for it!!!
If you are looking or thinking on how to get ISO 9001 certification in India you can reach out to us. You can partner with us on consulting the standard requirement. We help our customers to consult free of cost. You can reach out to us at or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your entire certification requirement. Also, you can feel free to visit our official website at www.expertcertifier.com and provide your contact details so that one of our Consulting experts can contact you in order to understand more about your process so that we can perform a free gap analysis. We are available 24/7 for all of our customers.